DISTANCE RELATIONSHIP: TEST YOUR MENTAL COMPATIBILITY
Communication in general consists of many levels: mental, emotional, romantic, sexual, business, etc.
Communication on distance is a good chance to build a strong bond at the mental level and to be great friends who have always something to talk about.
Compatibility on Mental level includes:
- How good are you in following each other’s logic
- How interesting are your discussions
- Ability to compromise
- Appreciation of each other intelligence
The biggest benefit from good mental compatibility is ability to come up and agree on a compromise and also the ability to make up after a fight or an argument.
It is also possible to train Mental compatibility, if it’s not good enough at the beginning.
The easiest exercise to check your level of mental compatibility is:
- First partner explains (but not reads) some idea or news and second person tries to rephrase and document it. Then the first person verifies if the idea was understood correctly and explains the inconsistencies.
- The first partner again explains in a written form (texting or handwriting) some other idea/news and the second person rephrases it out loud. Then the first person verifies if the idea was understood correctly and makes corrections.
- Exchange roles and repeat the tasks.
This simple experiment will show difficulties of communicating at the mental level between couples and will help them to express more clearly or to listen more attentively.